Re: [NTLK] Wireless cards

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 09:07:48 EST

on 20/12/02 09:13, rich_at_thisoldnewt.net at rich_at_thisoldnewt.net wrote:

> Quoting Bungalow930_at_aol.com:
>
> Is wireless "worth it" on the Newton?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Littlehut930
>
> I tried it. WOW
> Very quick. No cables rule!
> Department IT guy is gonna help set me up.
>
> I reccomend it to you.
>
> I am thinking of wireless at home next.
>
> BYW gurus
>
> I have CAble modem, and Imac now. If I want to create wireless at home for
> Newton and
> soon to be had laptop. What do I need to shop for? Apple equipment or off the
> shelp stuff
> that would work

I've went with a second hand Apple AirPort Base Station because I didn't
want to run into any compatibility problem. It's been running like a charm
so far, no complain.

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.