[NTLK] ltc1323cg

From: edwardmccaughan (madscientist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 11:16:32 EST

those of you who have a dismantled newton with a badly soldered on
earphone socket should take a look at the serial port thingy with
ltc1323cg written on a chip. beside it is another thingy that appears
to be a socket for a big pile of wires.
just in case any member of the audience still has any idea of what im
talking about, ill continue the madness.
to the best of my knowledge this is the same pinout as the interconnect
port so what i want to know is can you stick wires into this and then
into a minidin-8 serial socket to get an internal serial port now that
there are no more ser-001s any more?
i vaguely recall someone having said some reason that this is not 100%
appletalk compatible, is this true (if it is, would the line in/out,
power ect. work). also, can you just stick wires in the top? my
soldering iron isnt the best (by isnt the best i mean i could do a
better job with a chainsaw).

i dont really need this as a list member has promised to send me a
dongle, but i like any excuse to further damage my newton.

WTB in the uk-
-keyboard
-ethernet card
-screen door (or at least the hinge)
-titanium stylus

if you have any of these, please email me off-list

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html