Re: [NTLK] Hello from Indianapolis, Indiana!

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 22:04:15 EST

On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 04:33 PM, Robin Ropke wrote:

> Greetings all!
>
> Just wanted to say hello, I am new to the list, but have been a big
> fan of
> Newt's for a long time. The nice thing about getting older is that all
> the
> toys you used to drool over as a kid but never had anywhere enough
> money to
> buy at the time are now a click away on eBay for much less expense. Of
> course, eBay is digital crack cocaine, so that's not always a good
> thing! In
> the last few weeks I have managed to acquire pretty much the entire
> Newton
> line (with the exception of a H1000 and a 110) for about $400 total.
> Add a
> few Calaise cases and a Lucent Wavelan card in there, and it looks
> like I'll
> have some things to keep me busy while trapped at the inlaws this
> Christmas!
> The downside to this is the near daily appearance of the UPS guy to
> deliver
> a dongle or a charging station or a cable of some kind, which is
> causing my
> not-so-newton-friendly wife to plot my demise. Than again, no adventure
> would be fun without some risk to life and limb! :)

Welcome from Logansport, Indiana!
I believe there are a few others from the Hoosier state on here as
well. I'm a relative newbie to the wonderful world of the Newt too.
Started out playing with a nasty looking silver-painted 120, but was
quickly hooked and moved up to an upgrade 2100 from eBay. I know
exactly what you mean about being addicted to eBay. I spend wayyy too
much there too!
Someday, I hope we can organize a NUG here in Indiana.
John