Re: [NTLK] Just got an emate.

From: Ashley Campbell (awc2_at_andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 17:14:05 EST

On Tuesday, Dec 24, 2002, at 16:42 US/Eastern, John Del Pizzo wrote:

> I've just received an eMate to add to my collection

Congratulations! I find the eMate to be even more compelling than the
MessagePad. I wish the MP keyboard had some of the features of the
eMate's (volume, the close key.)

> Second, is there anyway to reroute the dock button on the keyboard so
> it
> launches the dock instead of the classroom dock?

Check out the teacher setup package. There's a button in there to
switch the functionality.

> Finally, has anybody dared tried wireless with the eMate? Seems it
> would be
> a great email client.

It works just fine. I beamed the appropriate packages from my MP and it
all "just worked." In fact, I'm giving one to my mother for Christmas
to use as a wireless e-mail system on the wireless network I just set
up at my parents' house.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html