[NTLK] HELP! Can't reset Newt

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 17:29:37 EST

>I have tried to reset my newt 2100 by pushing the reset button on the
>back. When I do, it brings up the welcome screen and prompts me to
>enter all the user id info like it has nothing in it. Then it brings up a box
>that says it can't bring u the Notepad because the notepad is not set.

Try the following:

Press the power switch. While keeping it pressed, press the reset switch,
hold it for two seconds and release it. A message will appear asking
you something like "Do you really want to erase ...". Release the power switch.
Tap yes (don't worry, nothing will happen yet). Another message will
appear saying "All your data will be lost, do you really blabla blabla..."
Tap "No" for the second message. The Newton will do a restart, keeping
your data intact.
If this doesn't help, could it be that the Notepad isn't your backdrop
application anymore? In that case you should be able to get at the notes
by tapping "Notes" in the Extras folder.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html