Re: [NTLK] Jetdirect card for Laserjet 4 allows to print directly from Newton?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 16:42:32 EST

Karel Jansens wrote:
> I can get a JetDirect card with Localtalk interface for my HP LaserJet 4
> (the type # is J413B301A1). Would this card allow me to print directly
> from my Newton MP 2k1 to the LaserJet?

Depends on what you mean by print directly. If you want to use Ethernet, then
yes - get the JetDirect, install it, enable AppleTalk, and then your Newton
should be able to sense the printer on the network. (Set your Newton to use
the Ethernet card for AppleTalk first!)

You can also print directly to it via a Mac printer cable. I don't recall if
LJ4s come with an AppleTalk port built-in or if it's on the JetDirect card.
In this case, turn on AppleTalk on the printer and set your Newton to use
LocalTalk.