[NTLK] PCBman & SER-001

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 22:00:56 EST

    PCBMan, I bought one of the last of your SER-001 cards after your last
production run. I love it. No more scrambling to find a dongle in order to
connect to this or that. Also as you know dongles are getting very hard to
find.
    Perhaps it is just my imagination but there seems to be some level of
demand here for your product, and while I know you do not want to spend an
inordinate amount of time on a production run without a payback, it seems
that there is sufficient demand to sell out a hundred or two of these.
    Perhaps subcontracting them to a small firm hungry for business, maybe
using surface mount & wave solder machines might get your time investment
down while keeping the price down for your customers.
    In order to have enough $ to make a run you could take partial payment up
front and use it to pay for the run while charging the balance after
delivery. Also the preorders would let you estimate how many to produce while
having enough left over for stock for the rest of the year.
    Well just a thought.

Semper Fi!

Ed Johnson

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html