Re: [NTLK] Newton Internet, via Airport

From: Ed Dyer (edyer_at_allcovered.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 12:00:29 EST

Lynton Lee,
Even though I haven't done this yet, I know it's possible.

Two choices:
1. With your current ethernet card, connect a crossover cable (if PB
G3 or earlier) or a straight-thru or cross-over cable (if a PBG4 or
later) between your Newton and PB.
In Mac OS X, turn on internet sharing via the sharing pane. Mac OS 9
will need a third party app called Vicomsoft Internet Gateway.

2. With a Wireless card, connect to the ABS directly or share your
internet from your PB via the airport interface and use it as a
software base station.
Ed Dyer

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html