Re: [NTLK] Connecting to an iMac ... and those pesky storage cards

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 15:10:33 EST

OK, that second switch on the RAM card? It allows you
to remove the battery. Yes, that card has a battery
inside it. The benefits are that the RAM is faster
than cards without the battery. The down side is that
if you remove the battery without maintaining power to
the card, you loose all your data. In the Newton
world, this is done by leaving the card plugged into
the Newt, removing the battery and replacing with a
fresh one. Do not remove the card from the Newt until
the proceedure is complete.

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Russ Bravo <russbravo_at_lineone.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Thanks for your suggestions so far on my various
> questions in getting my
> MP120 doing what I'd like it to.
>
> Still no joy on the pesky storage cards. Just
> noticed that both my IMB cards
> have TWO little switches at one end (while the 2MB
> only has one). I know one
> is the Write Protect switch, but which one is it?
> And what's the other one
> for? Are the settings on these switches liable to
> make any difference as to
> whether my Newt can read them?
>
> Any UK listers willing to test a card for me if I
> send it to them?
<snip>

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -