Re: [NTLK] Just need a rant...

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 12:55:08 EST

>And, rumour has it that the amount of money that Bill Gates invested
>seems like a lot, but all the rumours I've heard mention that Apple
>had a big chunk of cash on hand even through that period. So
>although $150 million ain't hay, it wasn't as if Apple was starving.

Apple's problems in the era immediately before the return of Steve Jobs were largely internal disorganization; but despite this (and the alarming press to the contrary, which still continues in spite of the company's more recent success), the company was still in solid financial condition. Microsoft's investment was largely a PR maneuver that gave Apple the illusion of stability (even if it wasn't really necessary).

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net