Re: [NTLK] Swedish on a US UMP2k

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 16:53:46 EST

Frank Gruendel [Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de] wrote the following 2002-02-02
02.38:

> as if I hadn't enough to do as it is, my wife talked me into registering for
> a Swedish course.
> Of course I want to show off my MP by taking all notes on it, but as I
> don't know a single word of Swedish, I wonder if this is possible with
> a US UMP2k. Does it provide all characters I'd need (assuming this
> language has some special characters as most other languages do)?
> If it doesn't, is there something I could do about it? Is there
> maybe even a (freeware) dictionary?

yo!

just as claes said, change prefs in locales and install "svensk
ordlista.pkg" if already havent.

http://www.pixell.net/doppler/downloads/newton/Svensk_ordlista_Newton.sit

id like to make a better word list for swedish, but i need help with this.
spoke with paul gyot about this, it seems like an awfully time consuming
hobby. please contact me off list if you want to help with this project.

the current word list works fine for HWR and doesnt affect the english HWR
too much, but it is not optimal in any respect. what drives me crazy
especially, is the incompatibility with the newton works spell check.

when it comes to swedish newton kbds, it seems like it is a rarity. ive
never seen one on ebay and i only know of four ppl who have this accessory.

regards,

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_karmatic.com