Re: [NTLK] My 802.11 wireless Newton web server works!

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 17:02:45 EST

I bought the card, downloaded the driver from Hiroshi Noguchi's web
page...

http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm

Then froze my ethernet packages on the newton, as they seemed to interfere
with the LucentWaveLAN driver.

Then, I got a PC laptop, stuck an 802.11 PC card in it and set it for
"AdHoc" mode on channel 3.

Now I just need to install routing software to route the laptop's 802.11
network to the ethernet network!

It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. When you put the
WaveLAN silver card in the Newton, it even asks if you want to use this
card for Appletalk!

Good luck!

--
John Skinner