Re: [NTLK] My 802.11 wireless Newton web server works!

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 17:22:14 EST

Hey Robert,

It I was using a PC laptop running Windows 98. This was for my initial test
to make sure that the card would indeed work.

Next I will need to buy a PCMCIA PCI card for my Mac that will take a 802.11
card in it. I will then setup the software on my Mac to route or NAT that
network out to the internet.

--OR--

My work is supposed to be buying me a new PowerBook G4 (with an AirPort card
built in) any day now. So I might just wait until I get it.

It works though!

I am probably not too clear in my descriptions here. If you have any more
questions about any of the above, please respond so we can keep the list
informed.

P.S. All that I know WILL work is a "Lucent" branded card, named "WaveLAN"
and is a model "Silver" card [which means 64 bit WEP (encryption)] and it
says "TURBO 11Mb" at the bottom of the card. On the back, IT HAS TO SAY ...
"P/N: 012372A" without the quotes of course. This is a revision "A" card,
and as I understand the only card that the "LucentWaveLAN" driver will work
with.

HTH

--
John Skinner