[NTLK] How the Implant is implanted?

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 04:58:59 EST

Hello list,

does anybody already have a description (documentation) on how to implant
the "Implant" for the Newt, e.g. where the connections have to be made
(some pictures).
If not I would try to produce such a documentation with a set of digital
photos.

The impant looks very much like the thing Mr. PCB man is planning to add to
the SER-002 board.

What I can see are two crystals, 3.6864 MHz and 5.0688 MHz, and 4 SMD ICs:
HC00 which seems to be used as crystal oscillator,
HC02
HC032 and
74HC4060.
The original crystal is removed and the pad is connected to the Implant
board.
Another connection goes to the ON/OFF switch and two connections are for
power supply.
One wire is to the internal connector used for the SER-001 (Pin1?, the pin
neares R40 / C36 near the Strong Arm).

Johannes