Re: [NTLK] Glue on Newton screen ! (second posting)

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:40:13 EST

The Rat is right. If it is super glue, acetone will take of the plastic
screen face or at least damage it, making a worse mess than before. My
recommendation is to mechanically pick at it carefully so that you
eventually wear it down. I would not use solvent of any kind on the
Newton screen!

>* Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com> on Mon, 04 Feb 2002
>| Sorry, none whatsoever, but to my quite uneducated eyes it looks like it
>| might have been one of these really fast-glue-it-within-seconds type :-(
>
>Superglue by trade name, or cyanoacrylate by chemical composition.
>
>The easiest way to remove cyanoacrylates is with acetone -- commonly found
>in nail polish remover. Acetone may discolor or damage the Newt's case and
>screen, so if you try this you should do so with extreme caution.
>--
>Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com