Re: [NTLK] registration with 2nd Newt, NewtonID

From: Stefan Hassenstein (list.SH_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 16:27:31 EST

> >> In the case of the few apps that relies on the MessagePad serial number,
> > then you'll have to contact the company.
>>
>> Yes, i was thinking at NewtonID 2.0 as a key app
>> for many registration procedures (Moreinfo, Notion, ...)
>
>I believe that apps that rely on NewtonID are actually based on the owner's
>name. So, assuming you still have the original registration number that they
>sent you when you bought a license and sent them your name, and assuming you
>entered that name in your new MessagePad, those applications should accept
>the registration number without any problem.
>
>-Laurent.

hmmm....
and you are aware of this serial #, which seems to be important to fill out
next to the owners name in a reg.proc using "NewtonID" ?

for example this is what i have just undergone for an online proc. (powertrans)
they where depending on the program "newtonID" and asked for the
owners name and the serial #, provided by "newtonID" on my new mpk21.

but i have to confess that i havenīt tried to re-register a programm
which depends on "newtonID"

will try this out tomorrow and let you know...

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Hassenstein - stef_at_orpheus.s.bawue.de