Re: [NTLK] [OT] WaveLAN Silver PC Card Deal

From: Donald J. Ryan (DJRyan_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 08:23:08 EST

> Would make a really cheap solution, with the Lucent WaveLan and Airport
> cards at OWC this cheap ($ 50) it seems a sweet deal.

Well, I'll let you know by the end of this week. I ordered one of those
cards for $50. I figured I didn't have much to loose for that price. I've
also got a PowerBook G4 with and airport card installed. Because of the
titanium case, the airport range is about 1/2 of what it should be. The
WaveLan card has a built-in external antenna so the range should be fine.
This way I could use it in both the PowerBoot G4 and the MP.

Donald Ryan