[NTLK] [ANN] Avi's Backdrop web page and 1.31 release

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 14:14:46 EST

Hi all,

I have finally added an Avi's Backdrop web page to my website. And I
put there Avi's BD 1.31.

What is Avi's Backdrop?
-----------------------

Avi's Backdrop is probably the most popular backdrop application for
NewtonOS 2.x. It has been written by Avi Drissman and contributors.

Since 1.27, Avi's BD is a BSD open source project. Thanks again to
Avi for having open sourced this great software.

Where can I find it?
--------------------

Avi's BD official page is on Avi's website.
http://www.drissman.com/avi/newton/AvisBackdrop/

New updates (> 1.27) used to be found exclusively on UNNA. My latest
update can now be found on my Avi's BD page:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/avibd/

What's new?
-----------

* Daniel Padilla nicely localized Avi's BD to Spanish. So Avi's BD is
available now in 4 languages.
* Fixed a bug in the birthday code (they were not recomputed at midnight)
* Birthday dates now appear in abbreviated format, as in Avi's BD
1.26 and earlier releases.
* The background picture can now be selected randomly among all the
pictures that are suitable for Avi's BD (it is selected when the
Newton is powered on).

Regards,

Paul

--