Re: [NTLK] MP2100 -> Airport Mac Connection?

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 12:43:20 EST

> I'm *too* green -- what's an NIC?

Network Interface Card. In our case, it is an ethernet connection with an
RJ-45 connector.

 By
> straight-thru or cross-over cable I'm assuming you mean ethernet?

Yes, to connect to devices (non-hub or switched) together, one needs to use
a crossover cable to realign the wires which would be out of position. The
NIC in the TiBook however is smart enough to recognize and switch itself so
it will connect directly to another computer or MP without a hitch.

 Using
> the PDA adapter-thingy mentioned by another listmember? I checked one of
> the 2 websites posted yesterday for finding things like ethernet cards but
> the one site couldn't find a match for farallon period.

Check www.chuma.org/ethernet/ for the most comprehensive info around.

Ken Whitcomb