Re: [NTLK] Can you say infringement?

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 15:34:10 EST

I especially doubt that Apple would give the logo away given the high
price they paid for it... Apple independently developed the Newton
lightbulb logo, but in the checks before going to market they discovered
another company that used one very similar for their products. (I can't
recall what company.) So they BOUGHT the rights to the other company's
logo for an outrageous sum, and used it for the "Assist" icon on the
silk-screened MessagePads. I read this in Newton's Law by Andrew Gore,
but I don't have it handy, so sorry that some of my details are
sketchy. :)

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj