[NTLK] second hand newtons

From: rm (rmeili_at_biomail.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 16:25:13 EST

I could not resist after buying one from GEMenterprises I bought one from
MrSecondhand. The one I got from GEMenterprises was heavily used but in
working order (missing latches, missing interconnect door, dim backlight
and a deep scratch in the screen) while the one from MrSecondhand looked
completely unsused. It had however two minor abrasions on the screen, no
big deal. I would probably go with Mrsecondhand again if I were to buy
more machines. The things in favor of GEMenterprises are the really
neat leather cases and the 32 MB card and modem (mine did not
work). GEmenterprises was offering an exchange but I did not want to waste
time and money to send it back.
Ruedi