Re: [NTLK] Can you say infringement?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 18:59:50 EST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Can you say infringement?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:27:47 -0500
From: "Fred Buecker" <tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net>

>I already called them, they stated that the copyright on the logo was
>voided when the Newton died and that they did talk to Apple about it.
>Then again, he also stated that they changed the logo, but I can't see
>any difference. If someone else has already pas

Might actually be truthful. Trademarks are only good if you enforce and defend against any trademark infringement (for a great story about this - see the coffee-table book about the history of MAD magazine, and the precursors to Alfred E. Newman).

As Apple apparently doesn't care what happens to Newton stuff and Newton-related Apple-branded software, maybe the logo is fair game.