Re: [NTLK] Manipulation of stats

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 08:09:31 EST

on 2/7/02 8:18 PM, Joel M. Sciamma at joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com wrote:

> The last few years has seen Apple producing some of the poorest software I
> can remember and their committment to usability and resource efficiency is
> at an all time low.

Some of the poorest, and some of the best. Look at iTunes, iMovie, and even
iPhoto. Are they perfect? No, but they do carry forward those elements that
we appreciated about the original MacOS and the Newton--elegance in function
and in form. It is difficult to define, but they are simple to use, yet have
an underlying power that you don't notice because of the simplicity of use.

Granted, OS X is a mess, and in my opinion, the greatest mistake Apple ever
made, and it may be their downfall if the unix geeks of the world don't buy
it. ;-) But other than that, their software has been great, and consistent
with my vision of Apple.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland