Re: [NTLK] Apple PDA?

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 12:50:25 EST

Well, PalmOS actually does, to some degree, already.

IIRC, an SD or MMC card in a newer Palm is formatted as a disk drive
with an IBM-compatible partition table. I imagine that that is why it is
primarily used for backup storage.

Similarly, the HandEra 330 support CF cards, so the issues with
supporting a hard drive are more of size and power than of OS.

This, of course, is all based on PalmOS 4. An Apple iPad might
conceivably be based on the next-generation PalmOS, so hard drive
support may well be more integrated.

<<<John>>>