Re: [NTLK] Toronto

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 13:41:44 EST

"Grant [Lint Trap] Hutchinson" <grant_at_splorp.com> wrote:

> That has got to be the saddest thing I've heard
> this year. And you didn't go diving into the
> dumpster to salvage all the bits and pieces of
> history?

   When I got there I was assured by the people who were cleaning the place out that "all that stuff is on the bottom". The dumpster within hours so the planned diving expedition was a no-go.
   And there was a good tonne of other stuff on top. They allowed me 5 minutes to scavange what I could from what was left with a one box limit. A few cables, a VERY small amount of software and some promotional brochures was all that was left.
   I spoke repeatedly to the building owner and manager over a period of about a month but was unable to persuade them to let me go through the stuff before they dumped it.
   There'd be much weeping if I told you what was lost, so we'll just leave it at "very sad".

Peter