Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 15:36:11 EST

Mark Ross wrote not long ago (2/8/02 3:02 PM):

> My take: After using the Classic OS for over 15 years, I've gotten used
> to it and its neat way of keeping all the mess in its place.

Good point. OS 9 is a wonderfully mature OS, and we as users are extremely
comfortable and expert with it.

I've been using OS X on a TiBook since 3/24/01, and wouldn't trade it for
anything. The OS is a truly remarkable accomplishment, in my opinion. Only
thing is: It isn't finished. It has nowhere near the maturity of OS 9. But
if we dare to look at the Mac OS just 1 year after its launch, or even
System 7/Power PC 1 year after its launch, then OS X looks pretty amazing in
comparison, by any measure.

Cheers--

--
Jesse Garnier                                <jgarnier_at_ap.org>
Creative Director, Web Services                 <212.621.6913>