Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_jojoro.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 16:05:41 EST

>Personally, I am running OS X 10.1.2 on a Powerboog G4 with 512 Megs of=
 RAM
>and it flies. I agree that the first release version of OS X was really
>beta quality, but that was what I expected, and so I was not disappointed.
>And with 10.1 they really hit the mark. I love OS X and have no
>performance

Don't get me wrong - I love some of OSX - especially dropping right into a=
 shell and going command line, etc. And I used it religiously for weeks,=
 then for some reason I had to go to 9 and was shocked at how much faster=
 it was - I had forgotten.

And I agree about the neatness of 9, which is what I meant - I know exactly=
 how to find anything and clean up anything, etc etc. and on X I have more=
 trouble. Then I tried XP and really liked it, I have to say...I count=
 myself lucky I can run either one depending on my mood :-)