Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 20:41:51 EST

My wife runs OS X on a 300mhz iBook with 128mb RAM. It is very useable,
but feels slower than my work machine, the second edition, Indigo, iBook
with 320mb RAM. At work, I use a Cube with about 780meg of memory,
running 9.1.

I like OS X. It "feels" like Classic programs run quicker under X than
under 9.x. Definitely, the iBook wakes from sleep much, much quicker (in
a 2-3 seconds) -- a feature I really appreciate. Virtual PC appears
slower in OS X than in 9.x, however.

Like another post-er, I find that it still is easier to navigate around
in 9.x, especially in terms of placing and finding various files and
items. But X is very responsive...

First Law of Household Repair:
In attempting to repair any small household appliance,
There will be at least two parts that need to be replaced.
One of these parts will be unobtainable.

A message from Patrick Jendraszak