Re: [NTLK] Just need a rant...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 00:27:58 EST

>>On 020204 @ 2341, Patrick Jendraszak wrote:
>>
>>MacNeill suggests that this is one reason why the
>>Newton had to be killed rather than spun-off ... just
>>in case the technology would really help someone other
>>than Apple.

IIRC, I remember reading in the developer notes that SJ stated that parts
of the Newton OS may be incorporated into future Mac OS versions. The
beauty of the Newt OS, was it's scaleability. AFAIR, there were designs
ranging from a small palm sized device to tablets and desktop versions in
the works.

Surprisingly, the dock in X operates similar to the button bar on the
Newt in some ways.

One day down the road I expect that we will see a tablet style computer
from Apple. And that tablet computer will make use of the handwriting
engine from the Newt, which is still the best out there.

Sushi