Re: [NTLK] Area Code Change

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 01:04:08 EST

on 09/02/02 00:36, Chris Chapman at pan1k_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I ran into a wall this evening when someone called me, they are in a
> different area code than I, when I use the intelligent assistant, it pulls
> up the person fine, but the number doesn't have the 1(areacode), and treats
> it like a local number, when it's not. I changed the area code for my city,
> and the newt still thinks I'm in the old area code. Is there any way to tell
> the newt that the area code for my city has changed? I've looked in the faq
> and online...nothing! :(.

Did you check your current worksite? That's how I did resolve those 7
numbers digits that are not long distance. By creating 2 or 3 worksites, you
can force the Newton to dial whatever number you need. You just have to
switch the active worksite when you're ready to dial.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.