Re: [NTLK] Apple PDA?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 05:52:19 EST

on 2/8/02 12:58 PM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

> Still not sure but if Apple comes out with a PDA right after the specific
> period I don't need more convincing and in that case we'll know who we
> should really blame for the Newton's demise...

Sorry, but that is silly. Who's to say what that "definite" time period was.
The truth is, if you want to believe in conspiracies and other silly,
notions, nobody can stop you, as you will always have some kind of
"evidence" that is there to convince you. Why is it that we cannot simply
accept that Apple blundered, and that the Newton is not what everybody
wanted. Sure, it's great for me, and apparently thousands of us, but the
normal person wasn't and probably isn't ready for it, because the Newton
doesn't really meet their needs-- and neither, apparently, does the Palm nor
PocketPC. Maybe, just maybe, these toys are a solution in search of a
problem? I mean, yes, it's a solution for me, but not for the average Joe on
the street. That's all that is necessary, not some silly conspiracy or
back-room deal.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.