Re: [NTLK] Death to Americans !!! was Re: [OFF-Topic] Small World

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 08:54:11 EST

>We do more for the whole world than the world does for us.

And what do the Saudis and their (relatively) cheap oil do for the
American economy?

>I cannot say this plainly enough and I do not enjoy using profanity but
>to all those who want to carp and complain about the US:

There's a difference between carping and complaining and maintaining a
critical attitude. If everyone in the US thought like you, GIs would
still be getting their derrieres whipped in Vietnam. What I meant to say
is that there is a difference between "protection" (as you call it) and
outright interference, and as far as the Arab countries are concerned,
American foreign policy borders on the latter since it lacks the
far-sightedness necessary to deal sensibly with a region that, well
frankly, doesn't think very sensibly. (One of the biggest blunders in US
foreign policy over the last ten years was to station US troops in Saudi
Arabia. Bin Laden never gets tired of saying that that's what changed him
from an anticommunist Afghan freedom fighter into an anti-American
terrorist. And there's a whole lot of other Arabs out there who think the
same way.)

>go and F***K yourself

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such language on the list. What kind of manners did your
parents teach you?

Chris Searles