Re: [NTLK] Area Code Change

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 22:58:56 EST

on 09/02/02 05:56, Paul Nuernberger at newton_at_thenuernbergers.com wrote:

> You need to either update the area codes with one the programs available, or
> create a custom city in Time Zones. That should solve your problem.
>
> Paul Nuernberger
>

>> From: Chris Chapman <pan1k_at_earthlink.net>
>> Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:24:33 -0800
>> To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Area Code Change

>>> Did you check your current worksite? That's how I did resolve those 7
>>> numbers digits that are not long distance. By creating 2 or 3 worksites, you
>>> can force the Newton to dial whatever number you need. You just have to
>>> switch the active worksite when you're ready to dial.
>>>
>>> -Laurent.
>> Hmm. I only have one worksite. I work and live in the same area code.
>> Problem is, the newton thinks the area code for my city never changed.
>> Argh...'ve never gotten worksite's to work.... But for instance, when I
>> create a new person in names, the wrong default area code shows. Hmm..

Yes, I forgot that part. If you have a new area code, I guess you would have
to create a new city in the Time Zone application.

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads to software bloat.