Re: [NTLK] Newton Users in Lehigh Valley

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 00:11:34 EST

on 09/02/02 23:55, Laurent Daudelin at nemesys_at_cox.rr.com wrote:

> on 09/02/02 11:31, Mark Ross at markross13_at_home.com wrote:
>

>>> I am also in Allentown. Could Fred Buecher and John Del Pizzo contact me
>>> off list at donlevick_at_earthlink.net Maybe we cou=
>>> ld get together locally. I have had trouble making it to Washington. Also,
>>> I think Mark Ross lives just outside of Phila.=
>>> Maybe he could join us.
>>
>> Yes, I do. I'm in Newtown. There are some others on the list who may be
>> in the area as well.
>
> Newtown. That sounds like a nice play to live when you have a Newton...

I meant a nice place. No, that message wasn't sent from my Newton and that
wasn't the HWR engine at work ;-)

-Laurent.

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers. In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population -- and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately, because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management, they are generally ignored.