Re: [NTLK] [OFF-Topic] Small World

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 08:34:26 EST

------------------
>The Russians could definitely argue that they contributed more to WWII,

Wrong, Stalin signed a 'non-conflict' treaty with H*tler 'after' carving =
Poland. Poland lost 22% of their people. The will and strength of the =
Polish people are a testament of human courage. Then the Russian people =
were betrayed by H*tler and his N*zi's. The people of St. Petersburg will =
always be honored for standing their ground too.
----------------
>in blood, than the Americans, as millions of them died. They believed =
that the
>US dallied on opening the second front in Europe to bleed the Russians. I
>don't believe most Americans even know that angle of the story.

Some historians say this too, others say 'Fortress Europe' was the main =
reason, all those barriers and large guns near the shores. Not a good =
idea to just 'jump-in'. Besides the 'war effort' wasn't just a =
'roll-call'. A whole nation had to be ready to win.
The Eastern Front had the winter to slow the N*zi's and most Russians were =
strategic in leaving cities barren with little to no supplies left for the =
N*zi's to use. An army fights on it's stomach.
Also remember that famous meeting when the three main 'allied forces' =
leaders discussed what to do with Europe after the N*zi's fell?
----------------
>So, fellow
>Americans, let's keep this jingoistic crap to a minimum, Okay

I haven't done any 'jingoing', I'm just glad Americans fought a particular =
war for a greater cause, side-by-side with my dad, so that my dad's family =
could have a better life. After 18 years, we were allowed to immigrate to =
the US. After 25 years, my father became a Naturlized American Citizen, a =
proud American Citizen. He wishes to be 'laid to rest' in Arlington, =
besides those brave young American soldiers who fought for a country most =
never knew existed, for a cause greater than themselves, to defend freedom =
for every man, woman, and child of every race.
My family has and will defend what that US flag stands for in any =
situation.

BTW, I am a Newton user.