Re: [NTLK] Dialing with the Newt

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 18:24:54 EST

it seems like many of us have problems with area codes. this is a very
important question, especially if you plan to use your newton as a cell
phone with the nokia card phone and headset.

id suggest you all try to fiddle around with the worksites in owner info and
try different phone formats until you will find something that suits you.

as a last resort, if you have discovered that the area codes are all wrong,
anyway, use the small app "change are code" to alter all your area codes.

the app can be found here:
http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/keyboards/AreaCodeChange2.0/

good luck!

James Elliott [rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com] wrote the following 2002-02-10
20.37:

on 2/9/02 1:24 AM, Chris Chapman at pan1k_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Hmm. I only have one worksite. I work and live in the same area code.
> Problem is, the newton thinks the area code for my city never changed.
> Argh...'ve never gotten worksite's to work.... But for instance, when I
> create a new person in names, the wrong default area code shows. Hmm..

doppler