Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Benjamin (ihxo_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 22:04:37 EST

I think there are ways to explain your questions, Applications on PDAs
are much much less complex than applications on desktop. Documents on
PDAs are much much less complex than documents on desktop. PDA is built
around a few rules, this thing never shuts down, this thing is always
powered, this thing runs only on RAM which is way way way way way way
way way way faster than harddrive. The time needed to write data on the
RAM is pretty fast, and the data need to be written to the RAM is also
pretty small so it could pretty much do that every nanosecond. In a
desktop world of all machine's primary storage is Harddrive and even a
word document can be a few hundred K big I don't think it's possible.

if you ask why u can always lost data on desktop, maybe you should also
ask why there's no instant on application on desktop too.