Re: [NTLK] Debating 32MB purchase

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 12:17:55 EST

As long as you're not spending too much for them. All
of the horror stories of failed memory cards come from
those who have higher capacity cards, 24mb and up! In
contrast, I have a 2mb Pretec that has been in every
Newton I've ever owned for the last 6 or 7 years and
it works flawlessly.
I guess you should be all right if the card has seen
minimal use...just make sure that you perform regular
backups and avoid that one surefire method of killing
high capacity memory cards...hard resetting of the
Newt with the card installed...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Apostolos Koutropoulos <AdmiralAK_at_yahoo.com>
wrote:

> The subject says it all.
> I have seen 32 MB cards on ebay and I am debating
> buying one.
> I have a 12 and a 2 in my 2100 currently and I am
> running a little outta
> space. I am putting newtonbooks in my newton for
> reference materials and
> they are taking up space. Do you think it might be
> worthwhile buying a 32MB
> card ?
>

> AK

=====