Re: [NTLK] Dialing with the Newt

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 11:15:54 EST

Hmm. I recall a s/w fix that allowed you to keep the locale, but enabled
dial tones -- but I think it was illegal to use in Oz.

Strange - I just set my locale to Australia, then also used TimeZones to set
to Sydney and then to Auckland, and dial tones worked fine...

My memory's gone - perhaps there was a syspatch for Newtons sold in these
countries that disabled the dial tones?

Paul F.