Re: [NTLK] [OT] More Food for thought...

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 13:29:55 EST

At 09:02 AM 2/12/2002 -0500, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>The thing is, I don't think defining rules will prevent anything. The
>threads involved were already way beyond netiquette, or even normal
>conversational guides. Why would people willing to cross those lines
>stop at a list rule?

How about "List Dad reserves the right to Do The Right Thing".

Simple as that.

Leave it to Victor's judgement.

If someone comes on and starts a multi-day, multi-message flame war, Victor
(or designee) gives him the royal boot for as long as he deems appropriate.

It's a mailing list bygosh, not a congressional committee. Most of us know
what to do (don't stray too far/too often from topic, trim quoted text when
replying, don't use the list as your personal soapbox for unrelated
issues). I'd be perfectly happy to see List Dad just take whatever action
he decides is necessary.

-Jeremy