Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]MP100 and H0005 Fax Modem

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 13:48:34 EST

Rui Curveira <rui_at_interlog.com> wrote:

> What I was most curious about is if you can get
> regular (current day) email with this setup?

   It can be done ... I have done it ... but, believe me, you don't want to do email on an MP100.
   To use an MP100 for email you need a communications program with VT100 emulation, an ISP with a shell account that includes an online email client, and a LOT of patience.
   It is slow, fiddly and the one time you'll go through the pain isn't worth the time and effort taken to set the whole thing up ... unless you're into doing stuff just to prove it can be done.
   The MP100 faxes just fine ... but give email a pass.
   Get at least an MP130, preferably a 2100, before even thinking of using a Newt for email.

Peter