Re: [NTLK] [OT] More Food for thought...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 14:22:55 EST

On 12/02/02 14:05, "Victor Rehorst" <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:
>

>> At 09:02 AM 2/12/2002 -0500, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>>> The thing is, I don't think defining rules will prevent anything. The
>>> threads involved were already way beyond netiquette, or even normal
>>> conversational guides. Why would people willing to cross those lines
>>> stop at a list rule?
>>
>> How about "List Dad reserves the right to Do The Right Thing".
>>
>> Simple as that.
>>
>> Leave it to Victor's judgement.
>>
>> If someone comes on and starts a multi-day, multi-message flame war, Victor
>> (or designee) gives him the royal boot for as long as he deems appropriate.
>>
>> It's a mailing list bygosh, not a congressional committee. Most of us know
>> what to do (don't stray too far/too often from topic, trim quoted text when
>> replying, don't use the list as your personal soapbox for unrelated
>> issues). I'd be perfectly happy to see List Dad just take whatever action
>> he decides is necessary.
>
> I think this should be called hte Penalty Box.

I love it!!!

I'm playing ice hockey, although I *NEVER* visited the penalty box myself...
hmmm, I'm the goalie, so no goalie ever visited (I think) the penalty box. I
must admit that if goalies were to visit it, then I would have paid a visit
last season <grin>

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.