Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Sunder (sunder_at_sunder.net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 11:20:21 EST

MacOS <10 is obsolete because Steve Jobs says so (not that, that will stop
anyone from using it. :^) Unix isn't obsolete because it's still being
sold. By lots and lots of vendors and in lots and lots of flavors.

BTW: Some of my most favorite toys are "obsolete" - including the Newt,
Lisa, Eo, and of course the Cat. My favorite is booting up Mac OS 1 on
the original Mac... so much more responsive than OS X. :^) Hehehhe...

:) As to redesigning OS's from scratch, Be tried that... too bad it's no
more... oh well... it's the usual betamax vs vhs... the better technology
dies because of better marketting, etc...

 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/ :aren't security. A |share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:camera won't stop a |monitor, or under your keyboard, you \/|\/
  /|\ :masked killer, but |don't email them, or put them on a web \|/
 + v + :will violate privacy|site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_@_sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------