Re: [NTLK] Did I get a decent deal

From: Mike Drabicki (drabicki_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 21:20:42 EST

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 08:02 PM, JB wrote:

> If I'm enjoying this you 2000 owners must love it.
>
> Next question though....whats the story with the operating system. What
> is
> running on the 100 and should I update to 2.0. I have found Apple's ftp
> area
> with the Newt OS's
>
> JB

You can't upgrade the OMP to OS 2. To use NOS 2.x you need a MP 2x00.
There may be an update you can install. check the FAQ for info about
which Newtons can use which updates. It also tells where to check to see
which NOS you are currently running.

Read it at these locations:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/