[NTLK] OT: Adobe Type help

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 16:14:52 EST

Folks;

I'm trying to decide about the appropriate Adobe Type package to
purchase. Apparently there is something new called OpenType, which is a
cross-platform typeface. The advantage is it works with both Mac and
Windows, so when you go to a printer or send your work out, anyone can
print with it. I'm not sure if this is a package deal or just individual
type faces.

It's either that or go with some package like Type Basics, which
includes 65 basic fonts plus type manager. These are available in Mac or
Windows only.

Do any of you pros have any advice for this fledgling? I'm looking for
some direction before making the plunge.

I'm on a 300mhz ibook with 160mb on OS 9.1.

Mark