[NTLK] Re - converted AA carriers

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 18:34:09 EST

>>Is there anyone on the list who is selling converted AA carriers? I'm
>>interested in getting some additional packs for my 2100, but I don't

>Not understanding the ramifications of that, could someone explain what=
> sort of conversion would need ot be made to a carrier? Is there some=
> reason that the 1700mA NIMH won't work?

You can put them in the normal battery tray and they'll work (the capacity
meter would show wrong values, though), but you wouldn't be able to charge
them in the Newton. Which I assume is what the original poster wants to do.
If you want to do that, you have to modify the tray so it has 2 additional
contacts to which a temperature dependant resistor is connected. To make it
as safe as the original pack, you'd also have to add a temperature switch.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de