Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Donald T. Stewart, MD (DonS_at_PineLakeMed.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 23:58:16 EST

> > All this talk about the Wireless Wavelan card (and the sweet deal on
OWC) - I
> > couldn't resist either. I installed the driver and set up a Software
Base
> > Station on my Powerbook running OSX.

Is there any way to set up a Software base station on a Windoze machine? I
would assume that I could install a second network card in an XP or NT
machine and use the machine as a router, but would prefer to hear that
someone else has done this successfully first. Would this work under
Basilisk? Has anyone done this in anything but a Mac?
And, finally, do you need another Wavelan card for the base station, or will
any compatible 802.11b card work?

Donald T. Stewart, MD