Re: [NTLK] Mp3 playback from card...

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 19:41:31 EST

Subject: [NTLK] Mp3 playback from card...
From: Joe Anthenat <janthenat_at_mac.com>

--snip--
>Viking ATA card, playback stutters quite badly. However, when the song

Helpful hint, encode MP3 as
mono
68k/sec or less, (even the 40k/sec sounds really good on some selections)
filter signals below 10HZ

No stuttering, no dropouts, still sounds AMAZINGLY good.

I have to add on a more personal level (no blushing folks) but it
absolutely amazes me the inventiveness of the human spirit.

Okay - MP3's done, how's about an MPG or QuickTime player!

Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com