[NTLK] Power adapter and Sharp Expert Pad

From: Andrew Cunningham (acunningham_at_indy.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 17:31:38 EST

Hello, List.

I have a Sharp Expert Pad that I inherited a while back, and I'm having a
heck of a time getting it to work with a DC power adapter of any kind. I
ordered a 7 volt Newton adapter and it will not power up the unit. I don't
have manuals or documentation for the Expert Pad, but on the back of the
device it says that the power source is 6 volts. So, I went to RadioShack
and bought a generic 6v adapter and a plug adapter so that it would fit
into the newton. Plug fit great, but unit would not power on. Changed
polarity on the plug from positive to negative, still no luck. Hopefully I
did not damage the unit through all of these failed attempts... but I am
at my wits end here.

Any suggestions from people who are familiar with the Expert Pad? I
suppose I could try a 9 volt newton adapter... but I was scared that it
might fry the unit (if I haven't already!)...

Please help! You can reply to me at acunningham_at_indy.rr.com

Thank you in advance,

Andy Cunningham
Indianapolis, IN
(317) 722-0169