Re: [NTLK] Amazing. I should have done this a long time ago...

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 17:37:01 EST

I think someone else has already mentioned the URL, but I have step by step
instructions on my 'Newton' website.

I've accellerated both the eMate and the MP2100, and done a bunch of other
fun hacks to them.

The eMate is marginaly easier to work with because there is lots of waste
space inside, so it isn't so cramped.

Someone asked about IR I think too, and the answer is, you can use IR
between two Newtons that have been accellerated by the same ratio. Beaming
between my AMP2100 and AeMate is like lightning! And doing backups via
ethernet to NCU is blazing too.

Anyhow, here's the site:
http://www.maksystems.com/newton/

And it's back up and running, after a 4+ day outage, courtesy of my DNS
company messing up the registry info on me. (Worst was the Newtontalk
withdrawal. I could post but not read, till I started visiting the archive
site two and three times a day to get caught up).

-Stephanie